You guys! I am so excited for this post for two reasons. #1, because this is a product that is amazing and #2, because this is my first post since little Wyatt has been born! First of all, I want to apologize for going dark. We have been loving being Wyatt’s parents and I really have been trying to soak up all the baby time I can get. Now that I am back to work (I went back in September and yes there were tears!) I have been so busy with work and playing catch up that I haven’t been able to sit down and write a post – I apologize!!
Anyway, I’m back and I’m here to talk about this fabulous product from Love to Dream, the Swaddle UP Original! (Spoiler alert, we are highly recommending this product but keep on reading to learn about it’s awesomeness!)
So Wyatt has always been always been strong and in the past month or two he has been able to bust out of his swaddle sack mid-way through the night. Why is this a big deal? Well, babies have this thing called the Moro Reflex or Startle Reflex and if Wyatt’s hands are out of his sleep sack, he might have a sudden movement while sleeping and it will wake himself up. Waking up is exactly what he did night after night so I cannot thank Love to Dream enough for this amazing invention!
First of all, I love this sleep swaddle because it gives Wyatt the ability to self soothe. In the past month in a half Wyatt’s hands have been his favorite thing and the fact that the Swaddle UP gives him the ability to still put his hands in his mouth is a HUGE plus!
Another thing I love is the Swaddle UP’s unique arms up design. The arms up replicates a baby’s behavior in the womb and helps your baby have a better quality of sleep. Who would have thought this would be the preferred sleeping position of a baby?! Well, they prefer it and they sleep better because of it! #genius
Another thing I love about the Swaddle Up (see I told you I loved it!) is that you don’t have to teach other people who are watching your kiddo how to use it!! Seriously though, in certain swaddles and blankets it’s like you have to pass a test just to prep your kid to sleep and this swaddle is as easy as put your baby in and zip it up!
Oh my gosh and let’s not forget that you don’t have to take your baby out of the swaddle to change a 3am dirty diaper! ALLELUIA!! There are two zippers so if you need to change a diaper, all you have to do is unzip the bottom zip and you never have to fully take your baby out of the sack, hello BRILLIANT!!
This product really eases the mind of this FTM (First time Mom) so I don’t have to worry about anything happening to him while he sleeps. I would be lying to you if I told you I didn’t worry about him sleeping every single night and with a product like this, it really eases my mind and let’s me get some sleep.
So what are some of the Safe Sleep Guidelines you should follow?
- Baby should sleep on a firm mattress that is covered by a snug-fitted crib sheet.
- No loose blankets, pillows, bumper pads, toys, comforters or plush toys should be in the crib (That’s where the Swaddle Up comes in. No blankets here just a snuggly sleep swaddle!)
- No cords, window coverings, monitors or electrical items within 3 feet of the crib
- Babies need a well-ventilated and comfortable temperature in the room (We keep our room at 68 degrees since Wyatt and Mommy and Dad run hot)
- Babies should sleep on their back – never on side or stomach (This is of course a guideline until they can roll over. Once the babies can roll over, it’s time for a different sleep swaddle (Keep reading for more info!))
- Babies should wear clothing that fits (Again,
- If it is cold, add a layer underneath Love To Dream™ Swaddle UP (not a blanket on top)
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards
- Transition to Love To Dream™ Swaddle UP 50/50 when baby starts showing signs of rolling so you can transition to arms free sleeping
So as the point says above, once your baby shows signs of rolling over it’s time to transition out of the Swaddle UP and into the Swaddle UP 50/50 which helps transition your nugget from being fully swaddled into more of a sleep sack. After you’re done with the 50/50 you can transition again into an actual sleep sack but really the moral of the story is, Love to Dream has you covered! I love (see there I go again!) that this company grows with you and your baby so be sure to check them out – your baby (and you!) will love this swaddle!
Have you tried the Swaddle UP from Love to Dream? Let me know!
Oh and I’m sorry for the drool marks! I’m telling you, this kid cannot keep his fingers out of his mouth and the second I put him in this for pictures, the hands went in the mouth!
This post is sponsored by Love to Dream USA. As always, opinions are my own.