I am so so excited and humbled to share with you all that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the fabulous Rachael of My Violet Delights blog!! The Leibster Award is given to fresh, up-and-coming bloggers that have under 200 followers/subscribers as a way to recognize them for the work they have done thus far on their blog. The award is also a fabulous way to network with other bloggers, get to know one another, and to find opportunities to work together.
How it Works!
- Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers/subscribers for the award (excluding who nominated you).
- Post 11 random facts about you.
- Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
- Ask 11 questions for your nominated bloggers to answer in their blog post.
- Let the nominees know that you have nominated them.
Blogs I Nominate!
- Elena – A New York Love Affair
- Liv – Love Always Liv
- Tiffany – Style Sidebar
- Katie & Natalie – Girls and City
- Christina – Chritiques
- Keila – Mommy in Milwaukee
- Logan – Windy City Living
- Ruth – The Food Gospel According to Ruth
- Jessica – My Piece of Sunshine
- Kate – It’s Kate Baldwin
- Rachel – An Eventful Life Blog
Random Facts About Me!
- I was born in Illinois, raised in Wisconsin (that’s why I LOVE the Packers), and have now lived in Chicago for 10 years.
- I have cried over the Packers losing. Sad, but true.
- I went to an all girls Catholic High School and then a Liberal Arts College…two very opposite ends of the spectrum!
- Although I LOVE fashion I will never spend my entire pay check on a piece of clothing. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
- I used to be on the golf team in high school but quit because I wanted to be in the musicals. (They were both in the fall and I had to choose.)
- I am scared of birds. Yes. Birds.
- Since it’s almost Easter, please enjoy this Easter fact! My Mom STILL hides our Easter baskets and I think I speak for my sister when I say, we may never grow out of this tradition! The “Easter Bunny” is REALLY good at hiding baskets and it usually takes us a while to find them. Super fun!
- Never ask me to sing on the spot because you know I’m a singer, I will most likely sing bad on purpose. Why? Because I have never been one to “show off” my talent, I’m all for modesty. If you want to see me sing, check me out on stage! :)
- There are ALWAYS clothes on my floor or sofa. I’m a tad messy.
- My fiancé and I have never lived in the same city and have been doing long distance for over two years.
- I will never leave the house without at least mascara and lip balm on.
Questions I Have to Answer Set by Rachael of My Violet Delights
What makes you special? Blogging wise, I think I am special because I do not take myself too seriously and I love to have fun! You will always see exclamation points and smiley faces because I think that is how I talk in real life.
Why did you decide to start blogging? I decided to start blogging because I was always telling my friends about the products I loved or the outfit I was wearing and I figured blogging was the easiest way to get it all out there!
If you could achieve one thing in life what would it be? Oh wow! This is a tough one. Really one thing?! I might cheat on this. In my life I will strive to be a wonderful wife and mother (some day!) who also pursues her passions in singing, acting, and blogging.
What or who gives you hope? My family. No only the family who I have had for my almost 28 years but the family I will gain when I get married. There have been struggles for both families but to see how strong and resilient they are shows me that love, hope, and dreams really do go a long way in life.
Favorite moment in the last month? OUR ENGAGEMENT!!!! And our amazing, beautiful, and spectacular trip to Ireland!!
What never fails to make you happy? Again, I’m going to cheat and say multiple things. The love of my life, my family, and being on stage singing.
What movie do you watch when you’re sick? Any Disney movie!! “Part of your World”, “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”, hello! PERFECT sick songs!
Summer or Winter? Why? Summer because my birthday is in July AND you don’t have to wear 10 layers of clothes.
Favorite photo that you’ve taken? Oh gosh, I love love love taking pictures so this is hard!! I think since our Ireland trip was only a month ago and it’s fresh in my mind, my favorite few pictures I took there were at the Cliffs of Kerry. They were spectacular!
What are you proud of? I am proud of the strong woman I have become and the woman I am shaping up to be. Cheesy? Yes, but true!
If you could go any where right now, where would it be? Why? Fiji!! Mac and I would LOVE to go somewhere exotic like Fiji for our honeymoon so why delay…let’s go now! :)
Questions for my Nominees!!
- What is your favorite item of clothing?
- Who, if any, is your favorite sports team?
- What is your favorite beauty product?
- Outside of blogging, who inspires you?
- What bloggers inspire you?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Do you have a favorite book or author? If yes, why?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite song of all time?
- If you could travel back to any decade ever, which one would you visit? Why?
- What is your favorite dessert?
And that’s it! First of all, a HUGE thank you to Rachael for nominating me for this amazing blogger award!! It really does mean the world to me that other bloggers are reading The F Bombs and not just in the Midwest but around the world!! What find exciting is that Rachael, who lives in Australia, found The F Bombs, started reading it, and then nominated me, thank you girl!! :)
To the bloggers I nominated, you all inspire me and I want to thank you for doing what you do! Congratulations and let me know when you have posted your response!! I would LOVE to read them and get to know a little bit more about YOU!
Happy Monday and thank you to each and every one of you who read this blog! I cannot thank you enough for your love and support!!