Tomorrow will start the last year in my 20’s and to celebrate, I wanted to share with you some things I have learned in my 29 years of life. I by NO MEANS know it all – I’m still very much learning – but putting this list together really made my appreciate where I am in life. Life is an amazing gift and I’m just happy to be here to celebrate it so here’s to 29!! (Ps…stay tuned for tomorrow’s birthday outfit! I also have a coupon code for you all! Whoop Whoop!!)
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. Things happen to people at different times in their lives.
3. ALWAYS wash your face before bed!
4. Flossing your teeth sucks but DO IT!
5. It’s totally ok to say no to things. Don’t say yes to everything and get too overwhelmed.
6. It may be hard but spend less and save more! I’m pretty sure your 65 year old self will thank you one day.
7. If you are unhappy with something in your life – change it. Life is too short to be unhappy.
8. Don’t let success go to your head.
9. A handful of best friends is way better than a room full of acquaintances.
10. If you dream it you not only can have it but you deserve it!
11. Learn to be a good listener. It’s amazing the things you can learn when you just listen.
12. Find a mentor or a person/people to look up to.
13. Keeping friendships as adults requires work.
14. Get rid of the toxic friends in your life.
15. Don’t let people’s opinions sway you – be you and OWN IT!
16. Family is the reason for living. We are nothing without family (and friends!)
17. It may be silly but finding “your drink” is an important step in adult life. I’m a champagne and beer kind of gal and people know it! Oh and you are old enough now where you don’t have to drink the cheap stuff – class it up!
18. Don’t stress the small stuff.
19. Slow down and look up.
20. Eating healthy is important. But don’t forget to treat yourself to some cake – everyone loves cake.
21. Working out can actually be fun! And it makes you feel amazing.
22. Work is important but it’s not your whole life. When you are 90 you won’t be saying you wish you worked that extra hour, you’ll be wanting to spend that extra hour with family.
23. Be proud of your work.
25. Learn good manners. Seriously.
26. You NEVER stop learning no matter how old you are. Be willing to learn no matter where you are.
27. Half assed doesn’t cut it – go that extra mile or two.
28. Don’t hold grudges. Forgiveness is a powerful thing and makes you feel a whole lot better – I promise!
29. Life is precious and an amazing gift – LOVE LIFE!!